Roasted Cauliflower with Red Lentil Marinade
This is a delicious side dish that we enjoyed with tempeh and apple chutney. It made a nice fall meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups red lentils
- 2-3 cups vegetable bouillon
- 3-4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Prepare the cauliflower by cutting away the stem, cut or break the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and place the pieces in an oven-proof dish to roast.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower pieces and place in a preheated (425 F/218 C) oven to roast.
- Roast the cauliflower 20-25 minutes until lightly toasty brown in places.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan or soup pot.
- Add the onions and saute until they become glassy.
- Add the lentils and lightly cook to infuse the flavors.
- Make the vegetable bouillon using the water and a vegetable bouillon cube.
- Add the vegetable bouillon to the lentils and add the raisins and ground coriander.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the lentils and when soft, remove from the heat.
- If there is extra liquid still in the lentils then drain it off, or use a slotted spoon to place the lentils on a serving plate.
- Toast the sunflower seeds or pine nuts in a dry frying pan.
- Add the toasted seeds to the lentils and mix.
- Serve the steamed cauliflower on a bed of the marinated lentils.
- We garnished with a few more sunflower seeds, if you wish, chopped coriander would also be nice.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.