Baked Pears with Hazelnut Filling and Ginger Soy Cream Sauce
This is a lovely way to enjoy fresh pears in the fall. It’s a simple recipe, but full of flavor.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 ripe pears
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 4 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup vanilla soy yogurt or vanilla soy pudding
- 1 tablespoon ginger syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Melt the vegan margarine in a small frying pan.
- Add the ground hazelnuts, almonds and sugar.
- Stir to mix well and remove from the heat.
- Peel the pears, slice length-wise in half and using a melon baller scoop out the core with the seeds.
- Fill the cavity in the pears created by removing the seeds with the hazelnut mixture and place the pears in an oiled oven-proof baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the pears are soft but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, put the vanilla soy yogurt or soy pudding in a small bowl.
- Add the ginger syrup and the chopped ginger pieces. (reserve a few as garnish)
- Serve the warm pears with the gingered soy yogurt/pudding and garnished with a few candied ginger pieces.