Baked Pears with Hazelnut Filling and Ginger Soy Cream Sauce
This is a lovely way to enjoy fresh pears in the fall. It’s a simple recipe, but full of flavor.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 ripe pears
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 4 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup vanilla soy yogurt or vanilla soy pudding
- 1 tablespoon ginger syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Melt the vegan margarine in a small frying pan.
- Add the ground hazelnuts, almonds and sugar.
- Stir to mix well and remove from the heat.
- Peel the pears, slice length-wise in half and using a melon baller scoop out the core with the seeds.
- Fill the cavity in the pears created by removing the seeds with the hazelnut mixture and place the pears in an oiled oven-proof baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the pears are soft but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, put the vanilla soy yogurt or soy pudding in a small bowl.
- Add the ginger syrup and the chopped ginger pieces. (reserve a few as garnish)
- Serve the warm pears with the gingered soy yogurt/pudding and garnished with a few candied ginger pieces.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.