Gnocchi with Kale & Beans
This recipe with gnocchi, fresh kale and white beans makes a very hearty and filling winter meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oi
- 1 package gnocchi, (16 ounces)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped kale, large rid removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- pinch Italian seasonings
- pinch cayenne or red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil for the gnocchi.
- Prepare the kale.
- Chop the onion and mice the garlic.
- Heat the oil a large skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until glassy.
- Add the minced garlic and lightly saute.
- Add the prepared kale and cook until wilted.
- Add the drained beans, canned tomatoes, Italian seasonings, cayenne and salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook the gnocchi in the salted water – it only takes a few minutes until they are floating.
- When the gnocchi are cooked (floating) drain off the water.
- Serve the gnocchi with the kale and bean mixture, or mix the two altogether.
As a short cut, one could also use beans in tomato sauce and of course, not drain them.
The recipe was adapted from
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.