Vegan Apple Oat Scones with Cinnamon Glaze
These are lovely scones, not too sweet, but the glaze covers for that. They make a great Sunday morning breakfast or mid-afternoon treat.
Yield: 6 scones
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced in small cubes
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
for the glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon soy yogurt or soy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F / 204 C.
- Prepare the apple.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in the vegan margarine until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add the apple pieces and non-dairy milk and mix just enough to moisten and form the dough.
- I made a large circle from the dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work space and gently kneed to form the dough.
- Lay the dough on a baking parchment lined cookie sheet and gently cut the dough into sixths.
- Slightly separate the scones as they expand a bit while cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the scones are light golden brown and solid to the touch.
- Remove from the oven when cooked, allow to cool for 15 minutes then glaze.
to make the glaze:
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and the soy yogurt or soy cream and mix with a fork or whisk.
- When the scones are cooled, drizzle the glaze on top.
The recipe can easily be doubled.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.