Vegan Mushrooms Rockefeller
This is an elegant and filling recipe that is great for a special occasion or anytime you can get portobello mushrooms.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste.
- splash lemon juice
- dash nutmeg
- dash of Tabasco
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- lemon wedges
- Thaw the chopped spinach and squeeze the water from it.
- Place the spinach in a medium bowl.
- Chop the onion and add to the spinach.
- Place the soy yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the minced garlic, lemon juice, nutmeg, Tabasco, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the soy yogurt mixture to the spinach and mix.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 F / 232 C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment,
- Place a drop of oil in 4 places and put the portobello mushrooms on each drop of oil. Place the mushrooms with the top part of the mushroom down, and the cup or underside facing up so that you can fill them with the spinach mixture.
- Fill each mushroom generously with the spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle some dried bread crumbs on top, then some shredded vegan cheese.
- Place in the oven to bake for 5-10 minutes or until the vegan cheese has slightly melted and is light golden.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and a few red pepper flakes.
This makes a lovely ad filling appetiser or lunch/brunch. If you want to use it as a main meal, I would suggest serving a nice rice mixture as an accompaniment.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.