Rhubarb Chinese 5 Spices Barbecue Sauce
This is a great savory use for rhubarb. The sauce is both sweet and spicy and can be as hot or mild as you choose. It’s a very nice barbecue sauce or glaze.
Yield: 2½ cups
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can tomato paste (4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rhubarb compote
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the sunflower oil and sesame oil in a saucepan.
- Chop the onion.
- Add the onion pieces to the oil and sauté.
- Add the tomato paste and water.
- Stir well to mix.
- Add the rhubarb compote, tamari, rice vinegar and cayenne.
- Turn the heat on low and allow the seasonings to blend.
- Add the ginger, garlic powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.