We really enjoyed this salad last night. The mango tastes lovely in the salad, and we enjoy raw corn as much as roasted or grilled.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2-3 medium-large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 mango, peeled, cut from the stone and cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled, nut removed and cut in pieces
for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dash maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taster
- Drain and rinse the beans in a colander.
- Place the drained beans in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the corn off the cob and add to the beans.
- Wash the tomatoes and chop.
- Add the tomato pieces to the beans and corn.
- De-seed the bell pepper and chop.
- Add the pepper pieces to the salad.
- Cut the stone from the mango then peel and cut into pieces
- Add the mango pieces to the salad.
- Chop the coriander and add to the salad.
- Mix the salad dressing, add to the salad and gently mix.
- Shortly before serving the salad, peel the avocado, remove the nut and cut into pieces.
- Add the avocado pieces to the salad and server.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.