Gnocchi with Belgian Endive, Walnuts and Roasted Paprika Sauce
This was a delicious meal we enjoyed over the weekend. It was quick and easy to make and really great flavors. As a main meal, it was good for 2 people. If served with other side dishes it could go for 4 people.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared gnocchi
- 12 ounces roasted paprikas with juice
- 2 Belgian endive
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- Place the roasted paprika with the juices, a small onion, chopped, and 1 clove of garlic in a blender and puree.
- Put the pureed paprika mixture in a medium sauce pan and heat on low- medium heat.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the walnut pieces.
- Once the walnuts are toasted, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Slice the endive lengthwise into quarters, then slice into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the gnocchi and fry until lightly golden brown.
- When the gnocchi are cooked, add the endive and cook until just wilted- 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the walnut pieces and toss well.
- Serve the gnocchi and endive-walnut mixture in bowls.
- Drizzle the paprika sauce on top.
- We enjoyed this meal with a whole grain baguette and a large mixed salad.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.