Mayan Quinoa Salad
This delicious and colorful salad is very healthy and filling. We enjoyed it as our meal at lunchtime, but it would also make a nice snack, or can be a side dish.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 15 ounces cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned or frozen corn, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, de-seded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 handful coriander or cilantro, washed and chopped
- for the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasonings (or cumin and red pepper flakes)
- pinch black pepper
- pinch salt
- Rinse the quinoa with cold running water.
- Place the rinsed quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups of water, a pinch of salt and cook.
- When the quinoa is done, set aside to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, drain and rinse the black beans.
- Place the black beans in a large salad bowl.
- Drain the corn and add to the black beans.
- Chop the onion and add to the corn and beans,
- De-seed the red bell pepper and chop finely
- Add the red pepper pieces to the corn and beans.
- Wash and chop the coriander and add to the salad.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- By this time, the quinoa should have cooled down. If there is water, drain the water off, or using a slotted spoon, add the quinoa to the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix well.
- The salad tastes best of it can season for ½ day or so.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.