We are fortunate to have a large walnut tree in the back yard which gives us many many walnuts each year. Often, we have so many walnuts we just don’t know what to do with them all. This is fantastic recipe that makes a tasty home made snack for a movie night. Of course any unbaked nut would be fine. We made a batch of spicy almonds along with the walnuts. I hope you enjoy this as much as we have.
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the nuts in a bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F or 177°C.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking parchment.
- Pour the oil over the nuts and mix to evenly cover each nut.
- Mix the spice ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the nuts and again, stir well to evenly coat each nut.
- Place the nuts in the pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and store in an airtight container until serving.