Thai Curried TVP Pieces with Asparagus and Peas
This has been a great year for asparagus. This taste recipe is a very nice way to enjoy both spring crops of asparagus and garden peas.
Serving Size: 2
- 8 ounces dry TVP medallions
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1 cup garden green peas
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seded and sliced
- 3-4 spring onions
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan Thai green curry paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- rice for two
- Place the dry TVP medallions in a large bowl, pour boiling water over them to reconstitute and allow to swell for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the asparagus.
- Cut the woody end off.
- Slice the asparagus spear on a diagonal making 2-3 inch pieces, depending upon thickness.
- Prepare the peas – if frozen, thaw, if fresh, remove from pods.
- De-seed the bell pepper and slice in long thin strips.
- Slice the spring onions
- Slice the red onion.
- Mix the coconut milk and Thai green curry paste in a medium bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and place a tablespoon of cooking oil on the bottom.
- Add the red onion and red bell pepper pieces and lightly sauté.
- Add the asparagus pieces.
- Pour the coconut/curry mixture over the vegetables and stir well to mix.
- Squeeze the lime juice over and stir into the mixture.
- Crumble the lime leaves and add to the sauce.
- Squeeze the excess water from the TVP medallions and add to the cooking curry mixture.
- Add the spring onions (reserve a few pieces of the chopped green parts as garnish.
- Chop the basil and coriander and add to the cooking meal.
- At the end, add the peas.
- Serve garnished with a few spring onion greens slices and with rice.