Fruity Carrot Salad
This is a lovely salad that is full of tasty ingredients. We especially enjoyed it at the beginning of fall.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 (about 3 cups) carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2-3 medium organic apples, cored and chopped
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 4 tablespoons coconut flakes (divided)
for the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy yogurt
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon pineapple juice from crushed pineapples
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- pinch salt
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Place the grated carrots in a large bowl.
- Drain the crushed pineapples and reserve the liquid.
- Add the pineapple pieces to the carrots.
- Add the raisins to the carrots and pineapples
- Prepare a medium bowl with cool water and a splash of lemon juice.
- Core the apples and cut into small bite sized pieces into the lemon water.
- When all the apples have been cut, drain the water and add the apples to the carrots and mix well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut flakes and mix.
- Make the dressing by mixing the non-dairy yogurt, coconut milk, white balsamic vinegar and pineapple juice together. Gently mix using a fork, spoon or small whisk.
- Add a pinch of salt and the tablespoon of coconut flakes.
- We served the dressing at the table in a carafe, but the dressing can also be added before hand and all mixed together.