Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Crepes
These delicious crepes are totally worth the effort. It may seem like a lot of steps, but it actually isn’t so much, and goes quite quickly. These are really a favorite of ours.
Yield: 8-12 crepes depending on size
for the crepeps:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup AP flour
- 3¼ cups water
- 1 tabelspoon sesame oil
- 1 tabelspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
for the filling:
- 1½ cup soy yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder, (or salt, pepper, onion powder and Italian herbs)
- 4 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 large onion
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- chives, chopped
- oil for cooking
- Mix the batter for the crepes at least 1/2 hour before making crepes so it can properly hydrate. Make sure you sieve the chickpea flour as it does get lumpy/clumpy. Place all the crepe ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend. I use a fork.
- For the sauce mix the soy yogurt and vegetable bouillon or spices and herbs in a small bowl.
- Slice the onion and sauté until glassy in a lightly oiled frying pan. When done, remove the onions from the pan.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan, sauté until soft. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl for use later.
- Place the spinach in the frying pan and lightly sauté until just wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat your crepe pan.
- Spray it lightly with oil and place 1 soup ladle of crepe batter in the center of the pan
- When the batter has bubbles on the top and appears dry, flip over to lightly cook on the 2nd side.
when done, remove and set on a plate to be filled.
- Cook the rest of the crepes until all of the batter has been used
- Meanwhile, to fill the crepes, lightly spread the crepe with some of the yogurt sauce.
- Place some of the sautéed spinach on top, then some of the mushrooms and topped with some of the onions.
- Sprinkle chives on top. Do this for each of the crepes and serve warm.
These are great as a lunch, served a with a nice salad, or a lovely brunch or a special breakfast in bed morning.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.