Rhubarb Barbecue Sauce
This makes a very nice barbecue sauce or even a nice chutney to enjoy as an accompaniment to a tasty meal.
Yield: 1½ cups
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- splash soy sauce or tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion in a small saucepan.
- Add the chopped rhubarb and lightly sauté.
- Add the the other ingredients and bring to a soft simmer.
- Let simmer until thickened. Allow to cool, and refrigerate until needed.
- Warm just before using.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.