This soup is lovely hot or cold. I offers a sweet, yet, spicy warm flavor with beautiful creamy orange color.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled and grated
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vanilla or regular soy milk
- 1 tbs. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice
- Peel and grate the carrots, parsnips and ginger.
- Place in a large pot add the water and bouillon and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree the vegetables until they are a smooth thick soup.
- Add the soy milk or soy cream and season with the sugar, salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice.
The vanilla flavored soy milk or cream added a nice sweetness and brought out the sweetness of the parsnips.
Alternatively of course you, you can use plain or natural flavored soy milk.
Adapted from about home cooking.