Pleasing to the palette, both in color and in taste.
Serving Size: 4
- 2oz /50 grams vegan margarine
- 1 medium cauliflower, washed and broken into florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs. tomato purée
- 1½ pint vegetable bouillon
- black pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tbs. sugar to taste
- Melt the margarine in a pan and add the cauliflower and onion.
- Place over a low heat and allow the ingredients to ‘sweat’ for l5-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with a bit of chives sprinkled on top.
Optionally, you can thin the soup with either a light white wine or coconut milk.
Adapted from a recipe of the Vegetarian Society (http://www.vegsoc.org).