Plum & tomato soup
Savory yet sweet, the best of both in this delightful soup.
Serving Size: 4
- 450 g red plums, stone removed
- 450 g tomatoes, cut, and de-seeded
- 75m l tomato juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 570m l vegetable bouillon
- 2 sprig of thyme
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 red plums, stoned and diced
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste (if needed)
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion.
- Add the plums, tomatoes, tomato juice, vegetable bouillon, thyme, and sugar.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and season with salt and pepper of needed.
- Remove the sprigs of thyme.
- Serve garnished with chopped raw plums and parsley.
This soup is delicious hot or cold. We enjoyed this soup as a consume with pieces of tomato and plums whole. If you prefer, you can also puree the soup or put it through a sieve.