Spinach & Sundried Tomato Windmills
These tasty savory windmills are great as a lunch or appetizer. They’d also be great finger food for a party.
Yield: 10 windmills
- 1 package vegan puff pastry (10 sheets), thawed
- 1 package (450 grams) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 10 tsp. sun-dried tomato tapenade
- Preheat the oven to 215 C (420 F) or whatever the package of puff pastry indicates.
- Thaw the spinach in a sieve.
- Place the thawed spinach in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt.
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Mix together.
- Place the thawed puff pastry on a cooky sheet with baking parchment or silicone.
- Carefully put a teaspoonful of the spinach on each of the 4 corners of every pieces of puff pastry.
- Bring the spinach almost to the center but mot completely.
- Place a small amount of sun-dried tomato tapenade in the center of each puff pastry.
- Carefully cut each corner of the puff pastry from the corner toward the center, but not all the way to the center.
- You can use a knife or possibly a pizza cutter.
- Take the right hand piece of each corner and gently fold it to the center.
- Do this to each of the corners.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place 1/2 of a cherry tomato in the center of each windmill.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.