Potatoes always go well with spinach and this yummy snack or lunch really proves it. What a tasty dip this made for the French Fries.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 package frozen French fries
- 10 ounces /280 grams frozen spinach
- 1 cup vegan cheddar sauce
for the cheddar sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1-3 tablespoons miso
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- splash lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- splash Tabasco
- pinch sugar or agave
to make the cheddar sauce:
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir to mix.
- Add the soy milk and stir to bed a thick sauce.
- Add the salt, nutritional yeast, onion and garlic powders, stir well to mix.
- Remove from the heat and add the miso, lemon juice and mustard.
- Season to taste with a pinch of sugar and possibly some white pepper if desired.
for the spinach dip:
- Thaw and drain the spinach and place in a bowl.
- Add the cheddar sauce and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Season to taste with additional salt, lemon juice or mustard.
Cook the French fries according to the instructions on the package.
We prefer oven baked.
Serve the fries with a small bowl of dip.