Dried Fruit Filled Apple Dumplings with Vegan Caramel Sauce

8 Responses to “Dried Fruit Filled Apple Dumplings with Vegan Caramel Sauce”

1. JoLynn says:

This is so do able. I love the leaf on top too. I still have plenty of apple left.

2. Chris says:

Hi JoLynn, Thank you for your nice comment :-) These were really yummy. i will e doing this much more often, especially over the holidays- have the ingredients on had so thy can be quickly :whipped up”. The leaf was just a little added touch. Without it, the apples don’t look so pretty- just a big round ball wrapped in pastry- so the leaf helped to decorate it. They can be served plain, just dusted with powdered sugar, and individuals can drizzle the caramel sauce on as they want. The caramel sauce really tastes great with the apple. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did

3. lovely and yummy fruity puffy recipes…cheers from an italian veggie!

4. Chris says:

Hi Elisabetta,
    Thank you for your comment. It’s a lovely treat to enjoy. Our neighbor has a lot of old apple trees, and one in particular is a favorite of mine. It’s called a winter apple. You pick it from the tree in October, it’s still green, but then it ripen when stored properly and you can enjoy it from December through March. The variety is called Ontario, found most often in Germany…I don’t know about elsewhere in Europe. No matter what apple you use, I hope you give this easy treat a try and enjoy it.

5. One word to describe it, “delisyoso”! :)

6. Chris says:

Hello, nyc food blogger, Thank you for your comment. It’s a very tasty recipe. We really enjoyed it and I’m seriously thinking about using it for Christmas dinner. Hope you try it and enjoy.

7. Ashley says:

Oh my this looks spectacular. I love the idea of using this for Christmas dinner – I have some guests coming over that I’d like to try and “convert” =) LOL

Thanks for an awesome recipe

8. Chris says:

Hi Ashley,
    Thank you for your comment. Actually they are very easy to make, especially when you use the store bought puff pastry (vegan of course). It was very yummy, and nice that it was not so heavy. Even vegan holiday meals are mega filling and so a lighter dessert could be nice. I did not peel the apples because they were from our tree – I knew they were organic. Bu some might prefer to have the apples peeled which is just an additional step….up to you. I hope you enjoy them.