Spinach, Bean And Spicy Tofu Soup
This is a very nice soup we enjoyed yesterday. It remains a cold spring so far, so a nice warm soup at lunchtime really “hits the spot”.
- 8 ounces prepared spicy tofu pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 small piece soy cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Prepare the vegetable broth in a large soup pot.
- Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add to the broth.
- Add the bay leaves and oregano.
- Allow the broth to lightly simmer to warm the beans.
- Wash and chop the spinach. Add the chopped spinach to the soup.
- Grate the soy cheese, add most to the soup.
- Add the prepared tofu pieces to the soup.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Give a splash of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a few gratings of soy cheese on top.