Wild Peach, Avocado and Zucchini Salad
This was a delicious salad we had for lunch today. I was particularly pleased with the dressing using the chamomile syrup and chervil.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 2 medium zucchini, cleaned
- 4 organic wild peaches, cleaned and sliced
- 1-2 avocados, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup vegan cheese, cut in pieces
for the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fine olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons syrup, I used chamomile alternatives are agave, maple or fruit)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by mixing the ingredients and whisking to blend.
- Clean the zucchini and peaches.
- Slice the onion.
- Cut the vegan cheese into pieces.
- We used a spriralizer to create spaghetti. You can also thinly slice with a mandolin or vegetable peeler.
- Slice the peaches.
- Peel and cut the avocado.
- To assemble, place some of the zucchini on each individual salad plate or in a large salad bowl.
- Add the red onion, separated into rings.
- Add the peach pieces and then the avocado pieces.
- Add the vegan cheese pieces and drizzle the dressing over the top.
If wild peaches are not available, the regular ones are also fine.
Chamomile syrup is made from boiling a equal amounts of sugar and water then adding chamomile, either fresh, dried flower heads or a tea bag. Boil for few minutes to steep and gain alight yellow green color. It will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.