Orange Risotto with Tofu, Pumpkin and Apricot
We have enjoyed mixing the flavors of fruit with vegetables for a few years now. This is one of our favorites especially during the fall and winter months when the bright yellows and oranges of the meal cheer up the often grey and wet days.
Serving Size: 4
- 150 grams tofu, cut in slices
- 100 grams pumpkin, cut in bite sized chunks
- 100 grams dried apricots, cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1&1/2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. saffron powder or turmeric
- cinnamon (optional)
- Saute the chopped onion in the oil.
- Add the tofu and brown on each side until golden brown.
- Add the risotto rice and saute for 2 minutes or until glassy.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, 1 cup of water and the pumpkin pieces.
- Cook on simmer until the rice is soft and creamy and the pumpkin is tender.
- You may need to add more water as the rice cooks, if it is not soft enough.
- Add the apricot pieces, season to taste with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar and cinnamon if desired.
- We enjoy this meal with a large mixed salad, crusty brown bread and a dry white wine.
This meal is also a handy meal to make while camping. It all goes in 1 large pan and actually does not take long to cook.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.