Bruschetta with Pumpkin Spread, Sage, Vegan Feta and Pomegranate Arils
As we move deeper into fall, we notice that party season will soon be upon us. One ultimo favorite is bruschetta. There are many different topping to put on these delicious little toasted slices. These pumpkin bruschetta are our new favorites.
- 1 baguette
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- for the pumpkin spread:
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼–⅓ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon smokey paprika powder
- handful small leaves sage leaves
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 ounces vegan feta cheese (recipe), crumbled
- Place the pumpkin pure in a bowl.
- Add the seasonings and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Slice the baguette in 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush both sides of each slice with the olive oil.
- Grill both sides of each slice until lightly golden and toasty.
- When done, remove the slices from the grill and spread the pumpkin spread on each slice.
- Sprinkle feta cheese crumbles on top of the pumpkin spread.
- Add a few pomegranate arils to each slice and a small sage leaf.