Sweet & sour cauliflower
This bright and cheery side dish brings a subtle sweet sour flavor.
It is lovely served as a side dish for an Indonesian meal.
- 1 med head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbs. ginger syrup
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized flowerets.
- In a large pot, put the water, ginger, ginger syrup vinegar and salt.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and then put the cauliflower pieces in.
- Cook the cauliflower for a few minutes (approx. 10) with the lid on the pot, until the cauliflower pieces are al dente.
- Remove from the heat but allow the cauliflower to cool down in the liquid.
- Serve at room temperature or also nice cold.
- Garnish with a few parsley leaves.