Vegan Asparagus Tart
This makes a lovely meal for a hot day. The nutmeg in this recipe goes really nicely with the white asparagus.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams white asparagus
- 4-6 sheets puff pastry
- 1 tomato, cut in eighths
- 8 tbs. chickpea flour (gram flour)
- 5 tbs. soy milk
- 3 tbs. vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- cayenne pepper
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the woody, lower part of the stem.
- Cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces, and cook until al dente.
- Remove from the hot water and set aside.
- Depending upon the size (9 inch or so) of your tort pan, pie plate or quiche dish, you will need 4-6 sheets of puff pastry.
- Oil your pastry dish using, and place the puff pastry to cover the bottom and sides evenly.
- (You can over lap a bit, it won’t be a problem).
- Using a fork prick the bottom and side of the dough.
- In a blender, place the soy milk, chickpea flour, the tomato and vinegar.
- Pulse to make a smooth batter.
- Season with salt pepper, cayenne and nutmeg.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 (F).
- Place the asparagus pieces evenly in the pastry dish and pour the batter over the asparagus.
- Smooth the batter to make sure it is spread evenly.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- It is done when the center is firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.