Gnocchi with lemon ricotta and zucchini
What a lovely fresh and tasty meal this was. I added the parsley and basil at the very last minute so that they were still fresh. This was a very nice light supper and would also be a good lunch, or even a very special meal when camping.
Serving Size: 2-3
- 1 pkg. (500 grams) gnocchi
- 2 small zucchinis, cut in small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs. cooking oil
- 1 lemon or lime juice
- 100 grams tofu
- 2 tbs. soy yogurt
- 1 tbs. vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tsp. lemon sunflower oil
- Italian parsley, chopped
- basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the chopped onion until glassy.
- Add the zucchini pieces and cook al dente.
- Set the onion and zucchini aside.
- Heat a pan of hot water to cook the gnocchi.
- Puree the tofu with the lemon oil, the lemon juice, the soy yogurt and vegetable bouillon together to make a smooth “ricotta” sauce.
- Cut the parsley and basil in small pieces.
- Cook the gnocchi and drain.
- Add the zucchini and onion mixture.
- Add the ricotta mixture and the basil and parsley.
- Serve warm, with a fresh salad and whole grain bread.