Tofu, sugar snap peas and banana risotto
Lovely colors of bright yellow and green, make a tasty combination for vegetables with fruit and rice.
Serving Size: 4
- 150 grams tofu , cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut in bite sized chunks
- 2 tsp. Sambal Oelek
- 1&1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp. saffron or turmeric
- 250 grams sugar snap peas, cleaned and halved
- 3 tbs. sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion in the oil, when glassy add the tofu and sambal.
- Saute so that the sides of the tofu are gently browned.
- Add the risotto rice, water and turmeric or saffron, a pinch of sugar, dash of cinnamon and the salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until the rice is soft.
- Shortly before serving add pea pods, cook for a few minutes until the pea pods are al dente.
- At the last minute add sliced banana chunks, otherwise they will over cook and get too soft.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is a good meal made in one pan, so can be made as a camping meal.