Apple soy cream cheese spread
This is really great on whole wheat English muffins. It can also be a nice dip for fruits and vegetables and can be used as the basis for Apple Uncheesecake.
Serving Size: 8
For the soy cream cheese:
- 1 cup tofu, crumbled in small pieces
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter (like peanut butter only cashews)
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt or dash of tamari
For the apple spread:
- 1/2 cup grated soy cheese (optional)
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
To make the soy cream cheese:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
To make the apple spread or dip:
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy cream cheese, the optional soy cheese and lemon juice.
- Grate apple directly into cheese mixture.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Season to taste with additional corn syrup and cinnamon.
The basic soy cream cheese is very nice and can be adapted to be sweet or savory. You can add various things to make pineapple soy cream cheese, soy cream cheese and nuts with a bit of paprika powder, sun dried tomatoes with soy cream cheese or soy cream cheese and olive spread. The list is endless.