Strawberry and spinach salad
This salad is so colorful and tasty, but the secret really lies in the salad dressing.
Serving Size: 4
- 10 ounces fresh spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 tsp. mustard
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Mix together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, mustard, soy sauce and onion.
- Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss.
- Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish with the almonds.
Be particular about the raspberry vinegar, it makes a difference, as does the mustard. I used a grainy mustard which is not strong in flavor and rather nutty. Both the sesame seed and the poppy seeds add a lot too.
adapted from All Recipes
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.