Mango, Avocado and Watercress Salad
This is really a deluxe salad with the mango, avocado, watercress, spinach and raspberry dressing. All delicious ingredients in themselves, and together it becomes heavenly.
Serving Size: 2
- 3/4 lbs. watercress, coarse stems discarded (about 6 cups loosely packed)
- 1 3/4 cups fresh spinach, large stems discarded
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup torn fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbs.vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/2 Tbs.sesame oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries,
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the salad dressing ingredients in a blender and mix to a smooth consistency.
- Gently toss all salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add just enough dressing to coat, then serve immediately.