Maple Almond Fig Galette with Vegan Maple Mascarpone
The flavors of fall. Maple syrups enhances the lovely tastes of figs and almonds with these simple galettes.
Serving Size: 2
- 3 sheets ready made frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3-4 figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cashew nut butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 392 F.
- Place the thawed pastry sheets on a workspace.
- Using a saucer, cut the pastry into a round form.
- Do this twice, one circle for each pastry sheet.
- Place the circles on a cookie sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Slice the remaining pastry into long, thin (1/8″) strips.
- Using your finger, and water, lightly moisten the edge of each circle and lay the strips around the edge to form a small border or edge once they are cooked. You will have enough strips to go around the circle twice.
- Prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of maple syrup with almond meal to make a paste..
- Spread a thin layer of almond paste over the bottom of the tart.
- Arrange the sliced figs in the galette, leaving the edge free.
- Drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the top of the figs..
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the edge is golden brown.
- While the galettes are baking, make the vegan maple mascarpone.
- Place the soy yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the cashew nut butter and whisk or mix well.
- Add the maple syrup, chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When the galettes are golden, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve the galette with a dollop of maple mascarpone on the side or in the middle.