Maple Almond Fig Galette with Vegan Maple Mascarpone
The flavors of fall. Maple syrups enhances the lovely tastes of figs and almonds with these simple galettes.
Serving Size: 2
- 3 sheets ready made frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3-4 figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cashew nut butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 392 F.
- Place the thawed pastry sheets on a workspace.
- Using a saucer, cut the pastry into a round form.
- Do this twice, one circle for each pastry sheet.
- Place the circles on a cookie sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Slice the remaining pastry into long, thin (1/8″) strips.
- Using your finger, and water, lightly moisten the edge of each circle and lay the strips around the edge to form a small border or edge once they are cooked. You will have enough strips to go around the circle twice.
- Prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of maple syrup with almond meal to make a paste..
- Spread a thin layer of almond paste over the bottom of the tart.
- Arrange the sliced figs in the galette, leaving the edge free.
- Drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the top of the figs..
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the edge is golden brown.
- While the galettes are baking, make the vegan maple mascarpone.
- Place the soy yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the cashew nut butter and whisk or mix well.
- Add the maple syrup, chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When the galettes are golden, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve the galette with a dollop of maple mascarpone on the side or in the middle.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.