Gnocchi with Fava Beans, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Sweet Bell Pepper
A lovely colorful meal and so tasty. It would be easy to make this for a Christmas meal as it is so red and green, but it tastes great any time of the year. We used this for a camping meal as it was so easy to make but we’re looking forward to enjoying it throughout the year.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams / 17.6 oz. gnocchi
- 250 grams / 8.8 oz. fava beans
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut in very small pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced very fine and minced into small pieces
- 12 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar)
- Italian herbs
- garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- De-seed and mince the bell pepper.
- Mince the red onion.
- Remove the outer skin from the fava beans.
- Cut the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salty water to boil for the gnocchi.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil, and saute the bell pepper pieces, while they are cooking, add the red onion pieces.
- Saute both until just glassy.
- Add the sun-dried tomato pieces.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for a few minutes, until they begin to float.
- Drain the water and add the gnocchi to the sauteed vegetables.
- Mix well so that the gnocchi are well seasoned.
- Add the Italian seasonings, garlic salt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the fava beans and cook until all are warmed.
- Serve the meal garnished with Italian herbs or grated soy cheese if wished.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.