Vegan Paradise Cookies
Pineapple, coconut and hazelnuts, the name of these cookies is really right!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, room temperature (not melted)
- 8 ounces pineapple pieces, crushed or minced
- 1 & 3/4 cups ap flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes (divided 3/4 cup and then the rest to roll in)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Cream the vegan margarine with the sugar until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add the pineapple and beat until well mixed.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix on low speed.
- Stir in with a spoon the chopped hazelnuts and 3/4 cup of coconut flakes.
- Mix to a blended batter.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in the rest of the coconut.
- Place o a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment. Bake or 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
The batter was quite wet and sticky. I had problems forming the balls, so wound up taking a spoonful and rolling it in the coconut. It was messy, but worked fine. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet as they will spread somewhat. They really taste like paradise.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.