Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pears
This side dish would be a tasty addition to any meal. The mixture of flavors and textures is very nice.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1-2 pears, peeled and cut
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon fine olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar as garnish
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- We preferred to steam them, but roasting is also good.
- Chop the walnuts, and toast in a dry frying pan.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the oils, vinegar and mustard with sat and pepper.
- Depending upon the size of the pears, you will need 1 large or 2 small-medium.
- Peel the pears, and cut in medium bite sized chunks, discarding the seeds and core.
- When the Brussels sprouts are cooked, place in a bowl, drizzle the sauce over and mix well.
- Add the pear pieces and place in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.