Barley, Walnut and Pear Salad with Raisins
Barley is one of our favorite grains and it is especially nice as a salad. The walnuts and pears tasted lovely and the dressing brings out each of the flavors. We really enjoyed this salad.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 1 cup barley
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable bouillon
for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 generous teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- Cook the barley in 3 cups vegetable bouillon until the barley is soft.
- When the barley is cooked (about 1/2 hour), drain of the excess liqid and place the barley in bowl.
- Cool the barley in the refrigerator.
- Place the raisins ia small bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Chop the walnuts and toast in a dry frying pan, stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- Chop the leafy parts of the parsley very finely.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring the barley from the refrigerator.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Drain the excess water from the raisins and add them to the salad.
- Mix in the parsley and stir the dressing over the top.
- Mix once again well so that all the pieces have been seasoned with the dressing. Peel the pear slice along the core and chop the slices into small pieces.
- Add the pear pieces to the salad and mix.
- Serve the salad cooled, but at room temperature.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.