Pear and Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Danish
This is a very quick and easy treat to make that tastes heavenly.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 sheets frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 3-4 pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 4 tablespoons vegan chocolate hazelnut spread
- handful walnuts, toasted and chopped
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 ℉ or whatever is indicated on the puff pastry package and thaw the puff pastry sheets.
- Toast the walnuts lightly in a dry frying pan, allow to cool and roughly chop.
- Peel the pears and slice just to the outer side of the center to omit the core.
- Place the thawed puff pastry sheets on a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Spread a tablespoon of vegan chocolate-hazelnut spread diagonally from one tip to the other on each of the puff pastry sheets.
- Sprinkle walnut pieces over the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Place 1/3-1/2 of a pear on each of the two chocolate hazelnut covered corners of the pastry sheets.
- Bring the alternate two corners of the puff pastry together and seal together with a bit of water placed on the op of the lower pastry tip.
- Place the pastries in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- When the pastries are done, remove from the oven. Allow to cool slightly and dust with powdered sugar,
- Serve the pastries warm.