Belgian Endive, Apple, Pineapple and Walnut Salad
Belgian endive are now in season and we are looking forward to sharing a lot of new recipes with you. This tasty salad is very easy to make. The pineapple and apples offset the sometimes bitter flavor of the endive and all of the ingredients offer a great crunchiness.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 Belgian endive
- 1 organic apple, cored and sliced or chopped
- 1 can pineapple pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, chopped and toasted
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup cider or fruit vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild grainy mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar or agave syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the walnuts and toast in a dry frying pan. Stir often to avoid burning.
- When the walnuts are toasted, remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Cut the stem end of the Belgian endive off.
- Slice the Belgian endive in quarters lengthwise, and then cut crosswise in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the cut endive in a large salad bowl.
- Drain the pineapple pieces and add to the endive.
- Make the salad dressing by placing the ingredients in a small blender and blending to a smooth mixture.
- Cut the apple in quarters and remove the core.
- Chop or slice the apple into pieces and add to the salad.
- Add the walnut pieces, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Serve the salad on individual sale plates or bowls, or in a large bowl for people to help themselves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.