Vegan Lovage Soup
This filling soup is delicious. It would be good served either hot or cold. It was a generous serving for 2 hungry people for lunch. It would also be fine for 4 as an appetizer.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces floury potatoes, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 3 generous tablespoons fresh lovage, cleaned and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- good pinch nutmeg
- Melt the vegan margarine in a large soup pot.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until glassy.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and add to the onion.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and chopped lovage and cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Puree the cooked vegetables to a smooth consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and a nice dash or pinch of nutmeg.
- Adjust the flavors to taste.
- We served the soup garnished wit a few chives and peeled carrots.