Vegan Pumpkin-Apple Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
This is a really nice and simple cake to make. It only uses 1 cup of pumpkin puree and has 2 apples. The flavor is perfect for a lovely fall day.
Serving Size: 8
for the cake:
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg replacements
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium large apples, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
for the glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider or apple juice
- pinch cinnamon
to make the cake:
- If you are using a fresh pumpkin,then prepare the puree first, then proceed with the regular instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Oil a spring form cake pan, a 9 inch Bundt cake pan or 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger.
- Whisk lightly to mix.
- Prepare the apples.
- In a medium bowl, cream the vegan margarine and sugar until it is light yellow and smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and egg replacements and mix to blend.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and lightly mix until just moistened.
- Fold in the apples and mix.
- Place the cake batter in the baking form and bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes. Depending on what form you use, check the cake after about 45 minutes.
- When the center springs back, the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted, comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Allow the cake to completely cool before adding the glaze or frosting.
to make the glaze:
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Add a pinch of cinnamon of desired.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider or juice at a time and stir to a thick but smooth glaze.
- We frosted the cake by drizzling the glaze back and forth on top.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.