Vegan Mexican Zucchini Soup
This is a delicious light soup. We added lime juice as it is typically Mexican and goes well with the zucchini and corn. It’s a lovely soup even in the warm summer temperatures.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped in small cubes
- 1½ cups corn
- 1-2 tablespoons jalapeños, minced
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 2 heaping tablespoons soy-yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup non-dairy cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnished with fresh parsley, chopped
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely cut the onion, the zucchini in small cubes, and mince the jalapeños.
- Heat the vegan margarine in a large soup pot.
- Add the onions and sauté until they begin to sweat and soften.
- Add the zucchini cubes and stir to mix the flavors.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Add the corn and jalapeños.
- It does not take long to cook the zucchini, as they are small cubes, al dente is fine.
- Stir in the soy yogurt and stir well to mix. It should be a thin milky looking soup.
- Add the lime juice and season to taste with additional sat and pepper if needed.
- Add most of the grated non-dairy cheese, reserving some to sprinkle as garnish.
- Chop the parsley. Stir in most and reserve a bit as garnish.
- Optionally include a few chives also chopped as garnish.
This delicious soup was adapted to be vegan from
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.