Green Bean and Peach Salad with Nuts and Coconut
We enjoyed this colorful salad for lunch today. It is a very good year for fruit this year. Peaches are one of the many available in abundance.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, washed , ends trimmed, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 organic peaches, or nectarines, cleaned, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons nuts (peanuts, cashews, pine)
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- handful coriander, chopped
- mixed greens as a bed to serve the salad on.
for the dressing:
- 3-4 tablespoons neutral oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon sambal ulek or sambal bajak
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the green beans by washing and cutting them in bite sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the green beans al dente.
- Once cooked, plunge into icy water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the beans and place in a bowl to cool.
- Peel the peaches or nectaries and slice.
- Add the fruit slices to the green beans.
- Chop the coriander and add to the beans and fruit.
- Make the dressing by combining all and whisking to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and fruit and gently mix.
- Place a bed of greens on individual salad plates.
- Divide the salad onto the individual plates.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top, and then the grated coconut.
- Serve with more of the dressing on the side for those who might need.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.