Vegan Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
These classic treats are always welcome no matter what time of the year. A small batch is perfect for us and will last through the weekend.
Yield: 16 medium cookies
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup AP flour
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C.
- Place the vegan margarine in a medium bowl.
- Add both of the sugars and beat until light and fluffy,
- Add the non-dairy milk and beat to mix well.
- Place the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice in a bowl and whisk to mix.
- Add the oats and raisins and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- The mixture should be thick.
- Using a spoon drop 3 inch balls of dough onto a coolie sheet with baking parchment.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- The cookies will be soft and chewy.
- Keep in an airtight container.