Asparagus, Artichoke, Fava Bean Salad
This is a delicious spring salad we enjoyed over the weekend.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 2 cups fava beans, shelled, blanched and skinned
- mixed salad greens
for the dressing:
- ⅓ cup soy yogurt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½-1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- splash maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the asparagus. Cook al dente and then plunge into ice water.
- Prepare the fava beans. Cook al dente and plunge into ice water. Remove the skins and add to the prepared asparagus.
- Slice the artichoke hearts.
- Wash and spin dry the salad greens.
- Make the salad dressing by combining the ingredients and whisking to a smooth consistency.
- Place some of the salad greens on individual plates.
- Divide the asparagus pieces, artichoke pieces and fava beans on each plate.
- Serve wit dressing drizzled on top.