Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Salted Caramel Dip and Sweet Chili Sauce
This is a fun and delicious way to enjoy Brussels sprouts. It works well as an appetizer or as party food. It can also be a side dish, depending on how you serve it. Presented here today, it was served as party food.
Serving Size: 4
1½ lb. Brussels sprouts
for the salted caramel sauce:
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy margarine
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup soy yogurt or non-dairy cream
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
for the sweet chili sauce:
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
- ½teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot chili pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼cup white vinegar or rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾cup water
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water to make a paste with the cornstarch
to make the caramel sauce:
- Place the non-dairy margarine in a sauce pan with low heat.
- Melt the margarine.
- When the margarine is melted, add the sugar and stir to blend.
- Once the mixture has melted, remove from the heat and add the soy yogurt, stirring to prevent separation.
- Add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt and taste.Add more salt as you prefer.
to make the chili sauce:
- Place the water and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and heat stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chili peppers.
- Add the ketchup and a pinch of salt.
- Stir well to mix.
- Taste the mixture and season with any extra flavorings desired.
- Make a paste from the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water
- Add the cornstarch paste to the cooking mixture and cook until thickened and clear.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and allow to cool.
to roast the sprouts:
- Cut the dried edge of the stem off and either leave the sprouts whole, or slice in half.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 (F).
- Spread the sprouts on a baking sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Sprinkle the sprouts with some olive oil.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes.
- Test the “done-ness” of the sprouts with a fork.
- Alternatively you can choose to steam the sprouts Prepare the sprouts and place in a steamer for 15-25 minutes.
- Test for “done-ness” with a fork.
- Serve the sprouts with the choice of both dips and some toothpicks or wooden pricks.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.