Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
This is a very nice salad. It tastes great on a hot summer afternoon, and would travel well to pot luck dinners or to the beach and picnics.
Serving Size: 6
- 1 pound elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 cups soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the soy yogurt, brown sugar, black salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the macaroni al dente (about 15 minutes).
- Drain when done.
- Add the vinegar to the warm macaroni and gently stir to mix.
- Cool the pasta for about 10 minutes.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Add the vegetables to the pasta.
- Pour most of the dressing over the pasta, stir gently to mix and refrigerate.
- Serve the salad in a large serving bowl.
- Add the rest of the dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper as needed.