Rutabaga, Carrot, Apple Soup
This recipes really calls out “fall”! It is a lovely, smooth, mild flavorful soup that is warming and filling.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 cups rutabaga, chopped in bite sized pieces
- 2 cups carrots, chopped in bite sized pieces
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped in bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup soy yogurt or soy quark
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables in a soup pot
- Add the vegetable bouillon.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook the vegetables until they begin to soften.
- After 10 minutes add the apple pieces.
- Continue until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove ½ the vegetables and place in a bowl.
- Puree the rest of the soup.
- Add the soy yogurt or quark and puree to blend.
- Add the vegetables that you had removed earlier and re-warm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- We garnished the soup with a bit of chopped parsley
- Serve the soup warm with a lovely crusty whole-grain bread.