Gnocchi with Creamy Vegan Tomato Sauce, Turnip Greens, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Smokey Tofu
What a tasty dinner this makes. Our turnips are doing very we’ll this year. I did not thin them out as I should have so we have more greens than turnips but there are lots of good turnip green recipes and this is one to add to the list.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 16 ounce package gnocchi
- 1 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 4 (divided) minced garlic cloves
- 2 generous teaspoons Italian herbs
- dash red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups turnip greens , washed well and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces smoked tofu pieces, cubed
- to make the sauce:
- Mix the crushed tomatoes and non-dairy yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic that have been minced, the Italian herbs, a dash of red pepper flakes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the smoked tofu into cubes and set aside for future use.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Mince the other 2 cloves of garlic and set aside.
- Wash the turnip greens well. Remove the big thick stems. Spin dry and roughly chop the leaves.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the gnocchi.
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chopped turnip greens and sauce until wilted.
- Add the minced garlic.
- When the turnip greens have wilted, add the tofu pieces.
- Add the creamy tomato sauce and mix well.
- The gnocchi are done when they float to the top. Drain off the water and add to the frying pan.
- At last add the sun-dried tomato pieces.
- Serve in a large bowl.
- We enjoyed the meal with crusty bread and a bio-vegan red wine.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.