Artichoke Risotto with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Smokey Tofu
Risottos are such a handy meal to serve when you don’t have much time. We enjoy all sorts of risotto meals.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 5-6 in waterpacked jar artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces smoked tofu pieces
- 10 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, cut in smaller bites
- 2-3 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- ½ tablespoon Italian herbs
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Prepare all the vegetables: De-seed and chop the yellow bell pepper, chop the onion, slice the artichokes, in half or quarters, and cut the sun-dried tomatoes in smaller pieces.
- Cut the smoked tofu if needed.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the pepper pieces and sauce until they begin to soften.
- Add the onion pieces and continue to sauce.
- Add the risotto rice and 1 cup of vegetable bouillon.
- Stir as the rice cooks.
- As needed add the 2nd and 3rd cups of vegetable bouillon.
- Add the cut artichoke pieces, the sun-dried tomato pieces and the tofu.
- Stir well to mix.
- Add the thyme, Italian seasonings and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- When the rise has soften, serve the risotto warm. We enjoyed the meal with a mixed salad and white wine.