Purple Pesto Pasta with Beets
We have been making various kinds of pesto this year. Last night we enjoyed purple beet leaf pesto on pasta with beets. It was really delicious and fun to make.
Serving Size: 4
- organic spaghetti for 4
- 3-4 medium red beets, peeled and cubed
- 1-1½ cups beet leaf pesto
- toasted sunflower seeds as garnish
- Peel and cut the beets.
- Place the beets in a pot and cover with water.
- Add a pinch of salt and cook until the beets are soft , yet al dente (about 20 minutes).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- Meanwhile, warm the pre-made beet leaf pesto in a small sauce pan.
If the pesto is too thick, you can add a bit of water to make it more as a sauce.
- Taste a couple of handfuls of sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Serve the pasta with the pesto sauce and soon the beets on top using a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle the toasted sunflower seeds and enjoy the meal warm.